CONCESSION STAND INSTRUCTIONS & GUIDELINES
Written by: League Administrator
Monday, April 20, 2015
CONCESSION STAND INSTRUCTIONS & GUIDELINES
Welcome to the Middletown Little League Concession Stand and Thank You for donating your time and support. The Concession Stand could not be open without your help. There are a few things that need to be done as part of running the Concession Stand.
Please do not have anyone but the volunteers working the Concessions inside the Concession Stand. THANK YOU.
OPENING THE CONCESSION:
Volunteers, please arrive 30 minutes prior to the game start in order to open up the Concession stand.
All coaches have keys to the Concession and will open the doors for you.
Please check bathrooms to make sure there is toilet paper. Extra rolls are on the top shelf.
There is money and change in the register.
HOT DOG STEAMER:
1. Add 5 to 6 qt. of hot water to the water bin, located at the bottom of the machine. (The hotter the water, the shorter the cooking time.) The water level should be at least 1/2 inch above the heating element when filled; there is usually a "fill" line to assist you in determining how much water to add. The element will heat the water and produce the steam, which cooks the hot dogs.
2. Place the tray and baskets back into the unit, and then secure the wire baskets into place using the metal tabs located at either end of the baskets. Then place the hot dogs into the lower compartments above the water bin and the buns into the wire rack in the big compartment. Make sure to arrange the hot dogs and buns so the steam can circulate evenly throughout the compartments.
3. Turn the power switch located in the front of the machine to the "on" position. Set the thermostat control to "high" until it begins to make steam. At that time, you may adjust the thermostat control to a setting somewhere between "high" and "low." It should not need adjustment after this initial setting.
4. Keep the machine closed unless you are serving hot dogs. This will keep them thoroughly steamed. If the steam escapes through an open lid, the machine must produce more, this will take additional time. Also, periodically check that there is enough water in the machine to cover the heating element. You may have to refill it frequently, depending on how long you need to keep hot dogs ready
5. Practice good hygiene when handling the buns. Do not over-handle the buns. Simply remove the buns from their wrapper and add them to the warmer. Wearing thin, transparent plastic food gloves is a good practice.
6. Clean out the crumb drawer. Crumbs accumulate gradually and should be continually removed. If a bun crumbles in the warmer, remove it and tidy up the machine immediately.
7. Unplug the machine. Remove the juice tray and hot dog baskets from the machine and clean out. These components are located on the top of the machine; the juice tray is beneath the hot dog basket and catches any drips that are produced.
Pizza is ordered from Aquidneck Pizza. 849-3356. We have an account with them and get billed monthly. You only need to order the pizzas.
Please wipe down the inside of the microwave at closing.
There will be a Keurig coffee maker this year. This will be able to make the coffee, tea, and hot chocolate without a lot of mess (and cleanup!!). Please make sure there is enough water in the container.
Using the Keurig: Fill the reservoir with water. Turn on the machine. Power button is on the right above the screen. When machine is ready, open top, place coffee pod inside, and close lid. Press the middle button (mug size) and coffee is ready to go.
We will also have hot chocolate and tea.
TRASH: Bring all trash bags down to the dumpsters in the Aquidneck parking lot.
CLOSING THE CONCESSION:
Drain the Hot Dog Steamer
Drain the water from the Coffee Maker
Wipe down the counters
Turn lights off
Other Helpful Tips:
· Hot Dogs are served wrapped in foil
· Condiments are put outside on the table
· If there is anything that you think we need, should sell, or are running low in the Concession, please write it down on the white board on the back wall.
· Please have only the volunteers working inside the Concession Stand
THANK YOU AGAIN FOR VOLUNTEERING YOUR TIME TO MAKE THE CONCESSION STAND RUN SMOOTHLY AND OUR CHILDREN HAPPY!!!
Chicken Nuggets (6 pieces)
Mac N Cheese
© 2018 LeaguePro, Inc. All rights reserved.
This site created by LeaguePro Inc.